Last updated: May 24, 2018
Bimforce B.V. and it’s affiliates Bimforce Projects B.V. and Bimforce Development B.V. ("us", "we", or "our") operates the www.bimforce.com website and various software products such as but not limited to, VerteX, GRiDS and other software described on our website (the "Service").
- We will not collect information that we do not need or use to provide you with our services. We do acknowledge that the necessity for us to collect certain data might be unclear to you. If this should be the case, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com so we can provide you with a detailed explanation.
- We do not share your information with anyone without your explicit consent, unless we are obligated to do so by law. To allow you to manage these settings we have created a User Management console in which you can see and manage who we share your data with.
At this emailadress you can also contact us with requests regarding:
- Requests for receiving all your personal data in order to port this to another Service Provider;
- Requests for permanent deletion of all your personal data from our systems.
- Complaints about erroneous use of your personal data by Bimforce or one of it’s affiliates;
- Reporting suspicion on possible data-leaks.
We will do everything in our power to respond in an proper and timely manner to your emails.
When do we collect your information?
There are several ways we collect your information:
When you provide us with Personal information in direct contact.
These events can include phone calls, emails you send us, exchanging business cards, and so on. This information is stored in our Customer Management System and/or our Email clients. In cases where you express interest in our Services and/or Products we will also add your Personal Information to our mailinglist. We will store this information as long as needed to answer your questions or until you opt out of receiving further information.
When you sign up for one of our products or services.
- When signing up for our services or products we will request Personal Information to fulfil your request and our contract. When applicable this information be added to our CMS system, which is also linked to our billing system;
- We will also be using youProviding you with information on product updates and related developments. This will be done by adding your Personal Information to our mailinglist.
When you use or visit our website.
When you use or visit our website we might use various methods of analytics to monitor our website use, effectiveness and provide insights of possible improvements to our website. For this we use several means of collecting your data:
- Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. We use "cookies" to collect information on the use of our website. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
When you contact us for support
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Bimforce takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you (either personally-identifying or non-personally-identifying) may be used in one of the following ways:
- To fulfil the contract with you: to be able to provide the services to you according to your order;
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To improve our website and our products: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- To process transactions: your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your explicit consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features;
- To send periodic emails: The email addresses you provide, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order;
- When you sign up for using VerteX we will provide you with a User Management webpage where you can setup your preferences in sharing your Personal Information with Manufacturers whose products are added to VerteX. By default, we only share Information that cannot be used to identify you as a person (User ID) and only when it’s related to the use of said Manufacturers content (products downloaded, search terms used, and so on). Only when you explicitly consent to us sharing your personal information, this information will be added to our Manufacturer reports. However, Manufacturers do have the ability to require you to share Personal Information to be able to use additional features. If you do not consent to sharing your Personal Information you might not be able to use these additional features;
- When you sign up for GRiDS we will use your personal information to identify your actions, assign you to projects and user roles and allow you to communicate with other project members. Your Personal Information will not be shared with third parties outside of your Projects;
- For both products, VerteX and GRiDS, your personal information (name, surname, email, company) will be used to manage your user-rights for this software;
- For both products, VerteX and GRiDS, your Personal information will be stored in a separate user database. Bimforce provides you with a User Management webpage where you can manage your personal information.
Bimforce will only work with third party services of which we have evaluated the Privacy Policies and deemed these in compliance with current laws and regulations. However, Bimforce Is in no way responsible or liable for any unlawful actions by these third parties. If you in any way feel these third parties are violating your privacy rights, please let us know immediately so that we can take appropriate actions.
Where do we (physically) store your information?
- The host servers on which Bimforce hosts it’s products and stores its databases related to our products are located within data centres that are located within the EU and have confirmed to be GDPR compliant.
- The host servers on which Bimforce hosts it’s website and mailinglists are located within data centres that that might be located outside of the EU (“Third Countries” under the GDPR). However, we only work with partners that have confirmed to be GDPR compliant.
- The host servers on which Bimforce hosts it’s Customer Management Systems and administrative systems are located within data centres that are located within the EU and have confirmed to be GDPR compliant.
Bimforce has put in place agreements with all third parties that process your Personal Information. These agreements ensure that these third parties will comply with the GDPR and protect your Personal Information accordingly. We will inform you immediately, to the extent we are legally authorised to do so, in case of any application or order originating from an administrative or judicial authority relating to your personal data.
How do we protect your data?
Bimforce discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
- Need to know that information in order to process it on Bimforce’s behalf or to provide services available at Bimforce’s websites and products, and
- That have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Bimforce’s websites and products, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Bimforce has set up agreements with all third parties that we might provide your Personal Information to. In cases where you give us your explicit consent to share your Personal Information with said third parties (for instance when you consent to us sharing your Personal Information as part of user data analysis reports that we create for Manufacturers on the VerteX platform), this will always be done under the protection of said agreements. Bimforce will keep detailed logs, which are accessible at all times for our users, of which information is shared with third parties.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If Bimforce, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Bimforce goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Bimforce may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.